Town of Shallotte
Things To Do:
• Easy access to 39 signature golf courses.
• 45 miles of Atlantic Beaches within minutes.
• The Swamp Park - a nature oriented eco park featuring swamp boat tours, zipline canopy course, tree-top aerial challenge course, self-guided educational nature trail, and a guided educational buggy tours.
• Over 610 shops and restaurants:
-Downtown Shallotte features an abundance of stores and boutique shops. Attend an auction of vintage antiques and local art at The Red House Specialty Shops, or take a ride to Ocean Isle for a day of shopping along the seaside. In addition there are larger retail stores located on the outskirts of town.
-Family owned restaurants line Main Street; serving a variety of authentic cuisine. Waterfront eateries, and American style pubs are all within walking distance from the city center.
• Featured Events:
-Farmers Market – Start in May - 123 Mulberry Street (Mulberry Park)
-Summer Fest – May 18 - August 10: Bands, Movies and Food (Mulberry Park)
-North Carolina Oyster Fest – In every year (10/21 and 10/22 2017) at 8 East Second Street, Ocean Isle Beach – Food, Arts & Crafts, Music, and Oysters!
-North Carolina Festival by the Sea – 2 day event every October (Holden Beach)
-Shallotte Christmas Parade – in the heart of town the First Saturday in December
• Shallotte Park: Park facilities include baseball/softball fields, soccer field, concession stand with restrooms, basketball court, tennis courts, picnic shelters, and playground. A new feature is a spectacular Dog Park.
• River Park: A Passive park that includes sheltered picnic area and gazebo and kayak/canoe launch on the Shallotte River.
• Mulberry Street Park: Features amphitheater, pavilion, play ground, community garden and walking trails. It is the location of many local festivals and events.
• Coming Soon! Shallotte Riverfront Revitalization Project which will include the renewal of over 20 acres of prime land in the center of Shallotte. The new development will be a pedestrian friendly mixed use project that will include retail, restaurants, residential and cultural amenities.