Town of Shallotte
At A Glance:
• Population 4,304 - Population change since 2000: +172.7%.
• Population Density: 700 people per square mile (low).
• The combined sales tax rate for Shallotte, NC is 6.75%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The North Carolina state sales tax rate is currently 4.75%. The Brunswick County sales tax rate is 2%.
• The town of Shallotte has a property tax rate of .35 per $100 valuation.
• Brunswick County's property tax rate is .485 per $100 valuation (as of 2018).
• As of March 2016 cost of living index: 94.2 (less than average, U.S. is 100).
• Full time law enforcement 14, officers/1,000 residents: 3.39 - NC Average 2.39.
• 37 miles from Wilmington International Airport & 45 miles from Myrtle Beach International Airport.
• Males 43.9%, Females 56.1%.
• Median Resident Age: 48.5 years.
• Unemployed: 3.5%.
• For population 25 years and over in Shallotte:
High school or higher: 85.1%, Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.7%
Graduate or professional degree: 7.1%
• For population 15 years and over in Shallotte town:
Never married: 19.5%, Married: 55.3%, Divorced: 13.1%, Widowed: 12.2%
• Average temperature December - February - mid 40’s. May - September, average temperature ranges from the high 70’s to the low 80's. Precipitation reaches its peak in August, with an average rainfall of 7 inches. Tornado activity is near to the state average, and 3% less than the nation’s average.
• The Brunswick Medical Center is sponsored by Novant Health, an award-winning healthcare research company. With 60 beds and 116 registered nurses, the hospital is able to provide quality care to its patients. In 2009 The Brunswick Medical Center was named Most Reliable Hospital in Surgical Infection Prevention by The North Carolina Center for Hospital Quality.